Unexplained Crash Under Investigation by Austin Police
Oct 6, 2020
Austin, TX (Law Firm Newswire) October 6, 2020 – Car accidents are common occurrence in Austin and across Texas. A recent accident in Austin involved at least six people, with one sustaining critical, life-threatening injuries as a result of being pinned in one of the vehicles in the wreck.
The vehicle rolled during the collision at the intersection of Lost Creek Boulevard and South Loop 360. Surrounding areas sent first responders, including firefighters with equipment to free the individual from the vehicle. This took over 40 minutes and the person was transported to the nearest medical facility.
Five other people sustained non-life threatening injuries involved in the collision.
When injuries are sustained in an accident, there is a good chance those involved are going to consider filing a personal injury lawsuit in order to claim damages and compensation for their injuries. In the case of a death, a plaintiff representing the deceased would seek funds for funeral and burial expenses as well as medical costs, if the deceased received medical care prior to their death.
The cost of any medical service is extremely high and without some compensation, many victims would not be able to pay those expenses.
What to Do After a Crash
The aftermath of an accident is often overwhelming for those involved. It helps to be prepared. Here are important steps to take in the immediate aftermath of a crash:
* Stop your vehicle.
* Do not leave the scene of the accident.
* Check to see who needs medical attention.
* Call 911.
* Get insurance and contact information from all drivers.
* Give other drivers your insurance and contact information.
* If there are eyewitnesses nearby, get their contact information.
* Obtain the accident report from the police.
* Take pictures of the accident, other cars and their locations, the damage to all vehicles, the roadway, and other elements that may have caused the crash.
* Take pictures of all injuries.
* Get to a doctor as soon as you can.
* Detail all injuries to your physician.
* Get any tests suggested by your doctor.
* Get a detailed explanation of all injuries.
* Follow the doctor’s treatment plan.
* Keep detailed records of every expense incurred relating to the crash.
* Report the accident to your insurance company.
* Do not answer any questions from the insurance adjuster.
* Call Schuelke Law right away.
Learn more at: https://www.civtrial.com/
Schuelke Law PLLC
3011 N. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78705
Call (512) 476-4944
View Larger Map
The post Unexplained Crash Under Investigation by Austin Police first appeared on Law Firm Newswire.