Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) January 1, 2020 – The Steinberg Law Firm is excited to announce the 2020 Steinberg Law Firm Scholarship. Graduating high school seniors who are planning on attending a four-year institution of higher learning are encouraged to submit their entries.
Five seniors will be chosen to receive the $1,000 scholarship. Submissions open on Tuesday, January 14, 2020. The deadline to submit an entry is on Monday, April 6, 2020.
Winners will be picked based on their essay entry, as well as their community involvement, special honors and awards, and school activities. This year, students are asked to submit a 700-word essay explaining what moral leadership means to them and what are their personal goals regarding being a moral leader within their community.
The scholarship recipients will be announced at each school’s year-end award ceremonies. If the school does not have a year-end award ceremony, the winners will also be notified by Monday, May 4, 2020.
Applicants must submit the following materials with their 2020 application form:
· Current high school transcript
· List of school activities, community involvement, special awards and honors
· The 700-word essay explaining what moral leadership means to them, and what are their personal goals regarding being a moral leader within their community?
Each of the five winners of the Steinberg 2020 Scholarship will use the scholarship money to advance their planned college studies. Students choosing to pursue any field of higher education are encouraged to apply.
“Students in our community deserve and need our support,” said David T. Pearlman, a partner at Steinberg Law Firm. “We have some impressive young talent in our midst, and we are proud to continue a tradition of supporting higher education. We look forward to the submissions for 2020.”
2019 Steinberg Scholarship Winners
· Kimberly Tovar from Bishop England High School in the Charleston County School District
· Logan Ponce, of Berkley High School, in the Berkeley County School District
· Nicholas Cunningham, graduating Ashley Ridge High School, in Dorchester School District Two
· Zainab Nathani, from Hanahan High School, of Berkeley High School District
· Stephen Polite, graduating from Charleston County School of the Arts
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522