Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Sava Senior Care
Mar 28, 2018
San Francisco, CA (Law Firm Newswire) March 27, 2018 – SavaSeniorCare, one of the nation’s largest nursing home providers, has been sued in the United States District for the Northern District of California for multiple wage violations.
SavaSeniorCare owns and operates seven residential care and rehabilitation facilities in locations throughout California and more than 200 facilities throughout the United States. The proposed national class action lawsuit is seeking compensation for unpaid overtime and minimum wages, as well as missed meal and rest periods. The plaintiffs, current and former employees of SavaSeniorCare, have brought this action on behalf of all current and former non-exempt employees nationwide.
According to the complaint, the plaintiffs and other similarly situated employees were denied uninterrupted meal periods and rest breaks, overtime compensation, and other wages in violation of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and California law. Plaintiffs also allege that SavaSeniorCare deducts 30 minutes of pay for meal breaks that employees do not take. In addition, plaintiffs allege that SavaSeniorCare fails to provide proper, itemized wage statements as required under California labor law.
Attorney Bryan J. McCormack of San Francisco-based employment law firm McCormack & Erlich, and Edward J. Wynne of Wynne Law Firm, are representing the plaintiffs.
According to McCormack, “SavaSeniorCare’s conduct of deducting 30 minutes of pay for meal periods that are not taken and failing to pay its employees overtime compensation for all hours worked over 40 per week is not only unjust, but also illegal under California and federal law.” “What is especially concerning is that the company’s practices have affected its employees nationwide for years. Employers need to be held accountable for failing to pay their employees correctly for all the hours they have worked.”
For more information contact:
Learn more at http://mcelawfirm.com/.
McCormack & Erlich
150 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (415) 296-8420
McCormack & Erlich Blog
- California water department faces racial discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuit
- Los Angeles port trucking companies sued for driver misclassification
- African American worker says Tesla is a ‘hotbed for racist behavior’ in lawsuit
- California lawmakers urged to take action on sexual harassment in government
- Amazon employee sues for denied overtime and breaks at distribution center
- Silicon Valley startup accused of encouraging sexual behavior in workplace
- What the Grubhub trial could mean for workers in the gig economy
- Postmates pays $8.75 million to settle worker misclassification lawsuit