Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) January 15, 2018 – South Carolina’s Steinberg Law Firm, whose head office is based in Charleston, offers an annual book scholarship for high school students. The project is an ongoing part of the personal injury law firm’s long-time commitment to child literacy.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of the strength of an essay submitted dealing with the topic of how an individual’s effort, rather than money, can make a difference. The essay must be between 350-700 words. Applicants must submit a certificate from their school confirming their eligibility to graduate the following spring.
Essay entries are accepted from students from September 1 until the November 3 deadline. The Steinberg Law Firm and The Royal Foundation then announce the winners of five $500.00 college book scholarships at the annual Charleston Youth Summit held in December of each year.
The annual Charleston Youth Summit was created under the auspices of the Mayor’s Youth Commission (MYC) after the 1999 shooting at Columbine High School. Its intention is to bring students together to talk about important concerns as a larger group and hold workshops geared toward issues youth deal with throughout the year.
“We are proud to support the education of students who are passionate about making a difference in their community,” says David Pearlman, an attorney with the Steinberg Law Firm. “Education is a cause especially close to our hearts. We believe it is the foundation for a brighter future for everyone.”
The winners of the 2107 Steinberg Law Firm Book Scholarship are:
* Nikole Rivers
* Malayna Mack
* Jada Orr
* Markez Coleman
* Makaila Jenkins
The Steinberg Law Firm congratulates every recipient of the 2017 Book Scholarship.
For further information on the Steinberg Law Firm’s annual Book Scholarship contact: Yani Smith at
Steinberg Law Firm
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Historic Snowfall in Charleston Leads to Car Accidents; Know Your Rights
- Steinberg Law Firm Supports Education and Goose Creek High School Basketball
- Winter driving safety tips for South Carolina
- Steinberg Law Firm Provides Essential Community Members Pro Bono Will Clinic
- Steinberg Law Firm Stands Behind Its Community with 2017 Community Fund Program
- Steinberg Law Firm Gives Away 1,000 Bike Helmets to Encourage Bike Safety
- A Story From Our Staff: Why Steinberg Law Firm’s Support For Breast Cancer Means So Much To Me…
- Worker’s compensation under South Carolina law
- About The Steinberg Community Fund Program
- Why are car accidents so common in South Carolina?