The Steinberg Law Firm Makes Donation to the Henry Timrod Library
Oct 20, 2017
Summerville Attorneys: Kelly Alfreds and Steven Goldberg with library’s president, Howard Bridgeman and Cindy Koontz.
Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) October 19, 2017 – While the Steinberg Law Firm is well known for defending the rights of those who are injured, the attorneys at the firm are also proud of their service to their community.
The Steinberg Community Foundation has as its mission to give back to local organizations within the Lowcountry that are committed to improving the lives of others. The Steinberg Law Firm community fund is a vehicle through which the law firm makes donations to various non-profit, or 501(c)(3) organizations.
This year, one of the recipients is the Henry Timrod Library, also referred to as the Timrod. The Timrod Library is one of just two membership libraries in South Carolina, and is managed by a Board of Directors of which the President is in charge. It was also the very first library in the town of Summerville.
In 1897 a group of young Summerville women formed a Chautauqua Reading Circle; and from that modest commencement, the Timrod Library began its journey. The women contributed the books from their reading circle to be the basis of a membership library chartered April 23, 1908. After seven years their library had a permanent location. Board members, three employees and numerous volunteers work to implement the objectives of the Timrod in the Summerville community.
The Steinberg Law Firm donated $1,000 to the Henry Timrod Library to fund its literacy programs. The attorneys at the Steinberg Law Firm say, “We are pleased to be able to give to an organization that is a viable part of the Summerville community, and that has made contributions to its cultural, literary and social development.”
Because it is not a public library, the Timrod relies on dues, fees, contributions, bequests, memorials and the magnanimity of friends for the financing needed for the maintenance and expansion of its collection, and for the preservation of its historic building. The Timrod provides several cultural, literary and social programs for the community. Among them are:
· A lecture series every February
· A Book Fair every fall
· A discussion group nearly every third Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
· A Patron’s party every spring
· A Southern shrimp boil every September
· Many literary events during the year
· A summer story time for children of the community
· A joint endeavor with after school care programs to offer children free library time
For those interested in volunteering at or donating to the Timrod please visit: http://thetimrodlibrary.org/index.html
Steinberg Law Firm
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Bicycle Accidents in South Carolina
- Steinberg Law Firm’s Ben Akery Chips In for Healing Farms
- Are older workers at greater risk for injury in the workplace?
- J. Kevin Holmes, Esq. Accepted into the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Join Steinberg Law Firm at The Fifteenth Annual Scrumptious Summerville Kitchen Tour & Pinwheel Gala
- Steinberg Law Firm supports Goose Creek High School Football Team
- How To Prepare For A Hurricane: Safety Plans and Emergency Kits
- Steinberg Law Firm Partners with St. Stephen Mayor and Community Activist to Resurrect Basketball Court
- Attorney Thomas M. White Launches Bike Safety Campaign
- Things to Look for When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer