Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) October 17, 2017 – The Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund is dedicated to supporting the local community and is pleased to announce another of its eleven 2017’s funding recipients: First Tee of Greater Charleston. The First Tee of Greater Charleston received $1,740 to purchase 12 sets of golf clubs and 12 scholarships for children in the South Carolina Lowcountry on Thursday October 12.
The First Tee, founded in 1997, is a nationwide, well-known progressive youth development organization that aims to familiarize young people with the game of golf by introducing its core inherent values. The idea first began as a way to bring a low cost junior golf programs to communities that did not have them. The initiative proved to be successful and instead of only learning the rules of the game and how to putt, program participants were learning important life lessons.
The program is available to youth in all of the U.S. states and in select international locations. In 2016, the program educated more than 5.3 million young people about integrity, respect and perseverance through the game of golf.
The First Tee’s mission statement echoes what the founders intended the program to provide to young people: To impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
This organization has impacted the lives of many young people but they need more help to continue their mission. If you are interested in volunteering or making a donation you can visit The First Tee of Great Charleston website at: http://www.thefirstteegreatercharleston.org/
About the Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund
Applications for support are accepted throughout the year. Grants range from $200 – $2,500.
Submissions must be focused on education, literacy, health care or workforce development to be considered for funding.
Eligibility: Applications are accepted for non-profits that are:
· Recognized by the I.R.S. as a public charity, exempt from income tax with a 501(c)(3) public charity;
· Not a political or lobbying organization.
Non-profit organizations that have questions are invited to submit an inquiry at: http://www.steinberglawfirm.com/giving-back/community-fund-application/
Yani Smith | email@example.com
Steinberg Law Firm
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Bicycle Accidents in South Carolina
- Steinberg Law Firm’s Ben Akery Chips In for Healing Farms
- Are older workers at greater risk for injury in the workplace?
- J. Kevin Holmes, Esq. Accepted into the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Join Steinberg Law Firm at The Fifteenth Annual Scrumptious Summerville Kitchen Tour & Pinwheel Gala
- Steinberg Law Firm supports Goose Creek High School Football Team
- How To Prepare For A Hurricane: Safety Plans and Emergency Kits
- Steinberg Law Firm Partners with St. Stephen Mayor and Community Activist to Resurrect Basketball Court
- Attorney Thomas M. White Launches Bike Safety Campaign
- Things to Look for When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer