Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund Program Announces 2017 Recipients
Oct 11, 2017
Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) October 11, 2017 – While the Steinberg Law Firm (SLF) is best known for being a voice for the voiceless and injured people, they are also committed to serving their local community. The Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund Program is one of the many ways the firm supports local organizations. The firm’s mission is to give back to the local community, across the lowcountry, who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
The attorneys at the Steinberg Law Firm say, “We are proud to support the local community by providing funding to local non-profits.”
The Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund Program’s committee is entirely lead by the firm’s staff. The organizations were considered based on a survey sent to the staff at the end of each year, where they are asked to anonymously list charities that were important to them. From that list, the committee determined the organizations’ eligibility based on the SLF Community Fund’s criteria:
· The non-profit is located locally;
· It is designated by the IRS as a public charity and, as such, are exempt from income tax as an 501(c) (3) public charity;
· And is not a political or lobbying organization.
With the help of the staff, the Steinberg Law Firm will be donating $15K to several non-profit organizations this fall.
2017 Recipients of the Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund:
1) The First Tee of Greater Charleston – $1,740 to purchase 12 sets of golf clubs and 12 scholarships for children in Lowcountry (http://www.thefirstteegreatercharleston.org/)
2) Doors to Freedom – $2,500 for two computers, software for girls’ education (http://doorstofreedom.com/)
3) Meals on Wheels – $1,000 to feed an individual Monday to Friday’s every week for a year in portions of Dorchester, Berkeley and Charleston counties (http://mowsummerville.org/ )
4) Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic – $1,000 (http://www.bifmc.org/) Steinberg Law Firm to purchase testing supplies for patient healthcare. (http://www.steinberglawfirm.com/attorney/malcolm-m-crosland-jr/)
5) Lowcountry Firefighter and EMS Support Team – $1,500 toward the cost of weighted blankets to assist with first responders suffering with PTSD (https://firefightersupport.org/)
6) Camp Happy Days – Kids Kickin’Cancer – $2,500 – to support families needing financial assistance for rent, housing, utility bills, automobile repairs, gas, and grocery cards (http://www.camphappydays.org )
7) Communities in Schools – $1,380 to assist in implementing their high school dropout prevention programs (http://www.cischarleston.org/)
8) Yo Art, Inc. – $1,380 to assist in mission to provide public school children with opportunities to explore their aptitude in the media arts and other art forms, while discovering their creative potential under the oversight of professionals. (http://enauful.wixsite.com/yoart)
9) Reading Partners – $1,000 (https://readingpartners.org/location/south-carolina/ ) to support their mission in childhood literacy (http://www.steinberglawfirm.com/attorney/catherine-d-meehan/)
10) The Henry Timrod Library – $1,000 toward literacy programs (http://thetimrodlibrary.org/)
11) Chucktown Squash – $500 toward after school program to keep kids off the streets by providing programs for low resource children with academic guidance, athletic training, community service opportunities and mentors through afternoon, weekend and summertime programs (http://chucktownsquash.org/)
If anyone has any questions regarding the community fund, please submit an inquiry to: http://www.steinberglawfirm.com/giving-back/community-fund-application/
Applications for support are encouraged to be submitted before June 15 each year.
In order to be considered for funding, submissions are required to address education, literacy, health care or workforce development.
The Steinberg Law Firm has multiple community outreach programs each year. For anyone with questions about any of the firm’s programs, please contact Yani Smith at 843.572.0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steinberg Law Firm
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Steinberg Law Firm’s Ben Akery Chips In for Healing Farms
- Are older workers at greater risk for injury in the workplace?
- J. Kevin Holmes, Esq. Accepted into the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Join Steinberg Law Firm at The Fifteenth Annual Scrumptious Summerville Kitchen Tour & Pinwheel Gala
- Steinberg Law Firm supports Goose Creek High School Football Team
- How To Prepare For A Hurricane: Safety Plans and Emergency Kits
- Steinberg Law Firm Partners with St. Stephen Mayor and Community Activist to Resurrect Basketball Court
- Attorney Thomas M. White Launches Bike Safety Campaign
- Things to Look for When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Steinberg Law Firm Throws Full Support Behind Effort To Improve Veterans’ Lives