Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) October 27, 2017 – Founded in 1927, the Steinberg Law Firm has always been a stalwart supporter of our community. For generations, our attorneys and staff have fought hard for the rights of others.
In addition to working hard for our clients, the personal injury firm is committed to sponsoring organizations that strive to improve workforce development, healthcare, literacy, children’s health and children’s welfare.
The Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund is dedicated to supporting the local community and is pleased to announce the next funding recipient of 2017: Meals on Wheels of Charleston (MOW), who provides hot nutritious midday meals to the elderly and other homebound adults. Attorney Catherine Meehan visited the kitchen last week to personally thank the staff for the hard work they are doing in our community. The firm will also further their commitment by volunteering with this organization on a regular basis. Meals on Wheels of Charleston received $1,000 to feed an individual Monday to Friday every week for a year in portions of Dorchester, Berkeley and Charleston counties.
Many MOW clients live in substandard housing, have serious health conditions, and either little or no family support. Medical staff, family, friends, hospice and other human service organizations refer clients to MOW. In 2014, 807,960 seniors faced food insecurities in South Carolina making the state the eighth worst in the United States for senior hunger. MOW of Charleston delivered over 161,500 meals in 2016.
Meals on Wheels of Charleston does not just provide a well-balanced, nutritious midday meal. They also offer friendship and a safety check, allowing low-income seniors and other homebound individuals to continue living independently in their own homes. According to a Meals on Wheels America survey, 92 percent of their clients say the service allows them to live on their own.
The Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund is pleased to be able to assist this much needed community program. If you are interested in helping or making a donation to the Meals on Wheels of Charleston please visit their website
About the Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund
Applications for support are accepted throughout the year and considered on a quarterly basis, with decisions announced in the summer or fall of each year. Grants range from $200 – $2,500.
Submissions must be focused on education, literacy, health care or workforce development to be considered for funding.
Eligibility: Applications are accepted for non-profits that are:
· Recognized by the I.R.S. as a public charity, exempt from income tax with a 501(c)(3) public charity
· Not a political or lobbying organization
Non-profit organizations that have questions are invited to submit an inquiry at:
Yani Smith | Ysmith@steinberglawfirm.com
Steinberg Law Firm
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Worker’s compensation under South Carolina law
- About The Steinberg Community Fund Program
- Why are car accidents so common in South Carolina?
- Bicycle Accidents in South Carolina
- Steinberg Law Firm’s Ben Akery Chips In for Healing Farms
- Are older workers at greater risk for injury in the workplace?
- J. Kevin Holmes, Esq. Accepted into the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Join Steinberg Law Firm at The Fifteenth Annual Scrumptious Summerville Kitchen Tour & Pinwheel Gala
- Steinberg Law Firm supports Goose Creek High School Football Team
- How To Prepare For A Hurricane: Safety Plans and Emergency Kits