Employment Law Firm McCormack & Erlich Announces Fall 2017 Scholarship
May 16, 2017
San Francisco, CA (Law Firm Newswire) May 16, 2017 – McCormack & Erlich, an employment law firm based in San Francisco, California, is offering a scholarship for students who are interested in employment law or policy, or are passionate about workers’ rights. Students who have worked at a legal aid society, labor organization or other nonprofit organizations or community groups focused on employee rights are also invited to apply.
“We have created this scholarship in an effort to help promising students overcome the financial burden of pursuing further education,” commented attorney Bryan McCormack of McCormack & Erlich. “We hope the award can put a young person hoping to join the legal field on the path to building a bright future.”
The winner of the McCormack & Erlich Employment Law Firm Scholarship will be revealed in September 2017. The successful applicant will receive $1,000 to be used toward the cost of their higher education. Law students at an ABA-approved law school or students currently enrolled in an accredited four-year undergraduate college are eligible for the scholarship.
McCormack & Erlich is now accepting applications for the scholarship. All entries must be submitted by August 31, 2017 for consideration.
To apply, interested candidates are required to submit a personal statement outlining their aspirations regarding employment law, employment policy or workers’ rights. Applicants should also describe the actions they have taken to work toward achieving their goals. The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of the personal statement, which should be under 500 words.
Through the scholarship, McCormack & Erlich aims to encourage a new generation of individuals dedicated to protecting the rights of employees who have been wrongfully terminated or who have suffered loss of wages, retaliation, harassment or discrimination in the workplace. “We are proud to be able to contribute to the educational goals of a student who is persevering to make a difference in his or her community by seeking justice for those facing employment-related hardships,” said attorney Jason Erlich.
For more details about the McCormack & Erlich Employment Law Firm Scholarship, or to submit an application, go here:
Learn more at http://mcelawfirm.com/.
McCormack & Erlich
150 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (415) 296-8420
McCormack & Erlich Blog
- Sexual assault website reveals dark underbelly of LA cocktail industry
- Disney says ‘let it go’ to anti-poaching lawsuit with $100 million settlement
- Cheerleaders accuse NFL of conspiracy to suppress wages
- Manpower workers to get $2.9 million settlement in wage lawsuit
- Transit board to pay $8 million to Muni operators in overtime lawsuit
- Labor Department sues Oracle for pay and hiring discrimination
- California State University employee files discrimination lawsuit
- Costco drivers win $2 million in wage and overtime lawsuit
- Ex-bank manager sues Wells Fargo for whistleblower retaliation
- Spec Formliners sued for gender-based pay discrimination