Former Employee Files Sexual Harassment, Retaliation Suit Against School District
Mar 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA (Law Firm Newswire) March 29, 2017 – A former information technology employee at the Oakley Union Elementary School District (OUESD) filed a lawsuit against the district for sexual harassment, wrongful termination and defamation of character.
Jeanine Davis alleges she and a paid intern were subjected to sexual harassment by their supervisor, Shane Hull, the director of information technology at OUESD. When Davis learned that another intern had experienced similar behavior from Hull, she filed a complaint with human resources.
The suit alleges that Hull made unwelcome sexual remarks such as asking whether her husband satisfied her, and physical advances like pressing up against her body and kissing her without consent.
When Hull learned of Davis’ intentions of filing a complaint with human resources, he allegedly intimated that his behavior would change if she did not proceed with the complaint. Davis proceeded with the complaint, and Hull was placed on administrative leave after the investigation concluded that there could be merit to her allegations.
Davis was fired for “unsatisfactory performance” on Feb. 1, 2016. Davis states that she had received satisfactory performance reviews in all areas during her year of employment, received positive performance reviews from a previous school district and had eight years of experience working in education. When she applied for positions at other school districts, Davis was told she was a top candidate but was never given a job offer.
According to the suit, Davis claims that she was wrongfully terminated for filing a sexual harassment claim, and that OUESD prevented her from securing new work in her field, stating that they “ruined her reputation when they terminated [her] for her job performance.”
Learn more at https://www.strongadvocates.com.
6601 Center Drive West, Suite 500
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Phone: (310) 242-8936
Strong Advocates Blog
- Survey reports two-thirds of female workers at CKE Restaurants Inc. are sexually harassed at work
- May is Sexual Harassment Awareness Month
- New Senate Bills introduced that would expand existing California family leave legislation
- Yoga guru sued for pregnancy discrimination and wrongful termination
- Former Versace employee files racial discrimination lawsuit
- Employer may be liable for “associational” disability
- Goodwill Industries sued for sexual harassment and disability discrimination
- What to do if you think you were fired due to racial discrimination
- Older workers face risk of age discrimination in tech industry
- Top 5 employee wage abuses