Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) August 8, 2018 – Steinberg Law Firm continues its efforts to prevent cycling and rollerblading accidents with its annual campaign that provides safety equipment and tips to Charleston-area kids.
The 2018 Safe on Wheels campaign will distribute about 3,000 helmets along with reflective wear and bike lights, which is triple the amount donated in 2017, its inaugural year. In addition, the law firm has grown its bike safety program, which involves attorneys, school staff and police officers instructing students on how to ride safely.
Steinberg Law Firm attorney Thomas M. White, a bicyclist himself, began the initiative after seeing the rising liability with the increasing amount of traffic in the area. When a rider is not wearing protective gear, the odds of a bike accident leading to a serious head or spine injury significantly increase.
“Biking is a wonderful activity for kids, but it’s important they are properly equipped with the necessary safety accessories and know the rules of the road,” White said. “At Steinberg Law Firm, we are always honored to give back to the children in the community we love to serve.”
Each year, over 300,000 students go to the emergency room due to a bicycle or rollerblading accident, and about 10,000 of those hospital visits require stays of a few days. Kids in underprivileged neighborhoods are more likely to suffer a serious injury because they often lack the proper safety equipment.
This year’s Safe on Wheels campaign gives free helmets and related gear to the students at College Park Elementary, Goodwin Elementary and Devon Forest Elementary Schools.
The personal injury attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm are committed to helping their community grow as safely as possible, taking steps to prevent injuries before they occur.
For more information about this year’s bicycle safety campaign, please contact Yani Smith at email@example.com
Steinberg Law Firm
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Do I Have a Car Accident Injury Case?
- Announcing 2018 Recipients of 2018 Community Fund
- Summer Heat Related Job Injuries: How To Prevent Them
- Summerville Police Department Pro Bono Wills Clinic
- Steinberg Law Firm Collects Needed Supplies For Annual Backpack Drive
- Steinberg Law Firm Continues Campaign to Prevent Bicycle Injuries to Kids
- How to Get Compensated For A Recreational Boating Accident
- Tips for Finding A Personal Injury Attorney Online
- Higher Learning Scholarship Winners Announced
- Steinberg Law Firm Supports Local PTSD Fundraising Efforts