Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) November 13, 2017 – While the Steinberg Law Firm is best known for protecting the rights of injured people, they also take great pride in their service to their local community. For over 90 years, the Charleston personal injury law firm has made it their mission to give back to local organizations across the lowcountry that are equally dedicated to improving the lives of others.
The Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund Program is dedicated to supporting the local community and is pleased to announce the following funding recipient: Communities In Schools (CIS). The Steinberg Law Firm is pleased to help fund CIS with $1,380.00 to assist in implementing their high school dropout prevention programs.
Communities In Schools (CIS) seeks to invest students with a community of support, allowing them to stay in school, grow with grace and wisdom, and achieve the very best in life. Communities In Schools is the nation’s leading dropout prevention organization, which helps build stronger local communities where every child is capable of reaching their highest potential.
Communities In Schools of Charleston serves over 7,000 students with the greatest needs but the fewest resources. Thanks to the hard work of school-based Site Coordinators, CIS couples students and their families to the resources and alliances they need to be successful in school and for the future.
CIS firmly believes all students deserve five basic assets to succeed in school and beyond:
· A one-on-one partnership with a caring adult;
· A safe place to grow and learn;
· A healthy start to prepare for a healthy future;
· Marketable skills to use on graduation
· And the chance to give back to the community and their peers.
The Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund is pleased to be able to assist this much needed community program. In order to further their commitment, the attorneys and staff have committed to volunteer as mentors to these students. For those who would like to submit a donation or offer help at the Communities in School program visit their website for more information.
About the Steinberg Law Firm Community Fund Program
This program is led by the firm’s staff, allowing everyone in the firm to get involved with community outreach. Applications for support are accepted throughout the year and considered on a quarterly basis, with decisions announced in the summer and fall of each year. Grants range from $200 – $2,500.
Submissions must be focused on education, literacy, health care or workforce development to be considered for funding.
Applications for the fund are accepted for non-profits that are:
· Recognized by the I.R.S. as a public charity, exempt from income tax with a 501(c)(3) public charity
· Not a political or lobbying organization
Non-profit organizations that have questions are invited to submit an inquiry at: http://www.steinberglawfirm.com/giving-back/community-fund-application/
If anyone is interested in getting involved or would like more information, contact Marketing Director, Yani Smith: Ysmith@steinberglawfirm.com
Steinberg Law Firm
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Steinberg Law Firm Gives Away 1,000 Bike Helmets to Encourage Bike Safety
- Accidents due to brake failure
- A Story From Our Staff: Why Steinberg Law Firm’s Support For Breast Cancer Means So Much To Me…
- Worker’s compensation under South Carolina law
- About The Steinberg Community Fund Program
- Why are car accidents so common in South Carolina?
- Bicycle Accidents in South Carolina
- Steinberg Law Firm’s Ben Akery Chips In for Healing Farms
- Are older workers at greater risk for injury in the workplace?
- J. Kevin Holmes, Esq. Accepted into the American Board of Trial Advocates